Re: Problem Installing 7.3 under HP/UX

From: Brian M. Biggs <bbiggs_at_cincom.com>
Date: 1996/06/24

Ed Eden wrote:

> did you use make_link, which maps the way the cd is read on the hp
> system
> (upper case, short names) to what the install software expects
> (lowercase etc...)
>
> or if you have hpux 10.10 you can now mount a cd and the lowercase long
> names
> will be there.

That's interesting -- is this a feature strictly of HP-UX 10.10? And HP-UX 10.10 will automatically mount a CD with uppercase filenames as lowercase filenames? We have HP-UX 10.01, which I guess would be why we still had to run START.SH before installing.

Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian M. Biggs                             mailto:bbiggs_at_cincom.com
Cincom Systems, Inc.                       voice: (513) 677-7661