Oracle Support's "hold" music

From: Gordon Minyard <minyard_at_ratvax.dnet.teradyne.com>
Date: 1996/06/24

I just called Oracle Support and the recording told me that my csi number is invalid. (this was supposed to be finally fixed after about a month of discussions) Any ways after I sat on hold for 1/2 an hour and then gave up, (I know what you thinking. He only stayed on the line 1/2 hour, he will never get to talk to a human at that rate) I was thinking it would be nice if oracle would let you choice the type of music you wanted to listen to while on hold.

It would go something like this:

"If you are calling using a rotary phone you couldn't possibly be using Oracle."

"If you are using a touchtone phone press 1 now"

"For express olap support press 1"

"To be put on eternal hold press 2"

"All our analysts are currently assisting callers, or are on break, or are in
the men's room, or are surfing the web. Please stay on the line."

If you would like to listen to rock music while you are eternally on hold press 1.
 If you would like to listen to jazz press 2. If you would like classical press 3.
if you would like new wave press 4.
if you would like to hear "Take this job and shove it" press 5

Remeber to shift the handset from one side to the other so that you dont get a stiff neck.

Thanks you for calling Oracle support

.G. Received on Mon Jun 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message