Re: Dynamic Sql in Forms 4.5

From: Sridhar Subramaniam <avion_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1996/06/23

arthurk_at_ibm.net wrote:

> I need to present the same data from several tables onto a Forms 4.5 (Win 3.11)
> form. I'd like to write a dynamic SQL statement to manipulate the table name,
> but to date I've been unsuccessful. I tried using the 'dbms_sql' package calls,
> but the PL/SQL compiler complains the package is unknown.
>
> I can't find a reference to dynamic SQL in the documentation, so I'm starting to
> wonder whether this can be done at all.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Kurt Arthur
> Cooperative Technical Services
> arthurk_at_ibm.netKurt,
Whats the version of Oracle you are running? DBMS_SQL is supported from v7.1.x onwards. Check whether this package created and is valid. Do you have execute grant on it?

Hope this helps

--
Cheers

Sridhar Subramaniam
Avion Consulting Services
Sydney - Australia
Email : ssubrama_at_nibucorp.ccdn.otc.com.au / avion_at_ozemail.com.au

Disclaimer : All opinions are truly and just mine.