Re: developer 2000 --> SQL net --> personal Oracle 7

From: <richu_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/06/23

In article <31C7C777.422A_at_pve.agro.nl> Peter de Wolff <P.C.de.Wolff_at_pve.agro.nl> writes:
>Subject: Re: developer 2000 --> SQL net --> personal Oracle 7
>From: Peter de Wolff <P.C.de.Wolff_at_pve.agro.nl>
>Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:25:11 +0200

>Jose Omar Mosquera wrote:
>> I hope somebody can help me;
>> I am having great difficulties getting forms4.5 to communicate with
>> personal Oracle 7; this I believe, is because I haven't set up SQL Net
>> properly.
>> I have windows 95, and the windows 95 version of personal Oracle 7.
>> I can connect to the local database using SQL plus 3.2 ( The one that
>> comes with personal Oracle 7), but if I try SQLplus 3.1 or Oracle net
>> test i get the following error messages:
>> With user ID: SCOTT PASSWORD: TIGER and CONNECT STRING blank
>> ORA 12203 TNS: Unable to connect to destination.
>> With user ID: SCOTT PASSWORD: TIGER and CONNECT STRING: 2:
>> ORA 03121: No interface driver connected - function not performed.
>> ------

>Hi,
>since the connection SQL*Plus 3.2 -> SQL*NET V2(.2) -> Personel Oracle works
>and
>the connection SQL*Plus 3.1 -> SQL*NET V2 -> Personel Oracle does not work
>your problem is that you have olny installed one version of SQL*Net (32-bit) and not the 16-bit
>version of SQL*NET.

I doubt it, if your PO7 is on the same machine, you dont even have to install the SQLNET. The reason your SQL PLUS 3.2 works is because its a server-side program. Your client-side SQLPLUS 3.1 obviously doesnt work and this stems from the same reason your FORMS 4.5 (client program) also doesnt work. You need to read the instructions carefully and install the required support files (RSF for Server 7.2 I believe). This is on your CD-ROM. Then you'll be flying high w/ the rest of us Oracle Consultants doing work at home (blah)

Ric Received on Sun Jun 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message