Re: OPO Master Detail Problem

From: Eric Therrien <ericth_at_montrealnet.ca>
Date: 1996/06/23

With a little searching (and also remebering that IT WAS POSSIBLE to do what you'r trying to do), I came up, in the OPO On-line help, at the "LinkDetailColumn property" entry, down at the bottom, with an explanation of how to do it. Here's the extract from the help:

   Multi-Segmented Keys and LinkDetailColumn    Note that you can enter a multi-segmented key for LinkDetailColumn. By    entering column names separated by a semi-colon (;), you specify the segments

   of the key. You must also enter the same number of segments for the master    recordset, through the LinkMasterColumn property, as well as an identical    number of containers for LinkMasterForm.

I've never made any (and I'm a little rusty with OPO), but if I'm reading well, what you did was fine, exept that you forgot to specify the same thing on your Master form.

Also, I'm reminded to something I've read in the readme file about Blaze. It doesn't support multi-segmented key, altrought you can specify one (or should I say many) multisegmented key in the editor. That's because PO7 (and other DB) does support it. So that might explain your problem (that is if you'r using Blaze).

In article <31C7304D.118E_at_rad.net.id>, asaba <asaba_at_rad.net.id> wrote:

> Help...help...
>
> I am using Power Objects version 1.0.16. I tried to create master-detail
> form with 2 fields as the relation key. So I put that two fields
> separated by semicolon (;) on link detail column and link master column
> properties of the repeater display. However I got an error....too many
> column...
>
> Anyone can help me ?
>
> Thanks
> Hannam Humin

  Eric Therrien                       Internet: ericth_at_montrealnet.ca
  Club Informatique Longueuil: http://www.connectmmic.net/users/cil
  Président du Club Informatique longueuil inc           Montreal, PQ