Re: Help for ODBC->ORACLE

From: Jeff Sprenger <sprenger_at_dfw.net>
Date: 1996/06/22

> In article <31C99180.316D_at_snc.com>, "Johnnie L. Pitts" >
>I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database(Release 7.1, (Windows NT)
>using a Visual Basic front-end and ODBC. When I try to access tables
>from within my program, using my (DBA)id/password, I get the following
>message:
>
>"Couldn't execute query;couldn't find linked table.[ORACLE][ODBC Oracle
>Driver][ORACLE OCI] ORA-00942:table or view does not exist. [#942]"
>
>However, if I connect as SYS, I can get access to the desired tables. Is
>some system table being accessed that requires a special priviledge be
>granted?
>I'm relativly new to this environment and would appreciate any help
>anyone can give.

Your assumption is probably correct. You either haven't granted select priviledges for the table or have not set up a public synonym. Try accessing the table as <owner>.<table_name>, i.e.

        select lastname, firstname from <owner>.customer

Jeff. Received on Sat Jun 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message