pb with CONNECT BY

From: (wrong string) érard <morvang_at_mail.club-internet.fr>
Date: 1996/06/22

I have a classical n-tree structure with all the nodes with a null value except the bottom of the tree.

I need to compute the cumulate sum from the bottom to the top for each levels. (In fact the Sum(Xi*Pi) of each nodes)

The standard way is to use the CONNECT BY command. The problem is that THE CONNECT BY allows to find all childrens of the root ( from the top to the bottom) OR all the fathers of only one leaf at a time.

Has someone an idea to cumpute this in SQL or PL*SQL ?

Thanks in advance.

Gerard.
morvang_at_mail.club-internet.fr Received on Sat Jun 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message