Re: Sqlloader

From: Michael Stiler <mstiler_at_genmagic.com>
Date: 1996/06/21

mstiler_at_genmagic.com (Michael Stiler) writes:

>Hi folks, just a quick question. One of our clients (out of 3)
>is shipping us datafiles for loading into our Oracle database
>tables where we use a _single_ VARCHAR2 field of 500 bytes to
>hold comments about an problem being worked on. This one client
>is using four *fixed length* fields of 70 bytes each which may,
>or may not have data in each field. I need to be able to
>concatenate those 4 fields into a single field for insertion into
>the table single variable length field without skipping any of them.

YIKES! Sorry, that above should be *variable length* fields, quote and comma delimited. Sorry. It is the _fields_ in their database that are fixed length.

Still need answers, so any help is appreciated.

Please post any answers to this newsgroup, Mike

--
Michael D. Stiler  Sysdate Consulting Services  ::internet stiler_at_netcom.com
NRA LifeMember  AMA LifeMember  AOPA  DAN  Retreads  HOG  TeamOS/2  Bagpiper