CreateObject failure with Win95 & Oracle Objects for OLE

From: Emmett Mclean <mclean_at_futon.SFSU.EDU>
Date: 1996/06/21

In article <4qevh5$o6d_at_client2.news.psi.net> "Janet E. Blake" <janet_at_telesph.com> writes:
>We're on the internet, and evaluating a Compuserve membership. Is there anything
>that we can get on Compuserve that we can't get on the Internet? Is it easier on
>Internet? If anybody has worked with both or even just one I'd appreciate your
>help. Thanks

Hi,

The following instruction works under Excel 5.0 but fails for Excel 7.0 :

 'Create the OraSession Object.
 Set OraSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")

The explanation may be that this CreateObject command returns 16bit object only.

Ah, we are using Oracle Objects for OLE which comes with Oracle 7 version. The help says it is version : 4.00.950

Do we need to get a new version of OO for OLE? To run with Windows 95?

Thanks,

Emmett Received on Fri Jun 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message