Solaris 2.5, Netscape Server 2.0, and Oracle 7.3.2

From: Elf Sternberg <elf_at_coho.halcyon.com>
Date: 1996/06/21

        I'm running magnus 2.0, the core Netscape Server product they're currently hawking over at Netscape, and I'm trying to write an interface between the Oracle API and the Netscape Server API. The 2.0

Server has full multithreading capacity as given by Solaris's confor-
mance with POSIX threads.  If I put the Oracle log-in, exec, and log-
out all in the same routine, it works fine.  If I put the Oracle log-
in in an intialization routine, and then have sub-threads making the EXEC SQL calls, the first call gets

        03113, "end-of-file on communication channel"

and each subsequent call creates

        03114, "not connected to ORACLE"

        I suspect that, because of the multithreading capacities of magnus, the database is getting a weird LDA (Login Data Area) from some subthread instantiated after initialization. Anyone have any ideas? I'm not doing the Oracle from scratch, if that's any difference-- I'm running the program through ProC first, then compiling with GCC. Anyone got any hints?

                Elf !!!
Elf Sternberg               Here we have clueless, well-armed people
elf_at_halcyon.com             wandering around in an environment they
Public key available        don't understand, and it scares them.
http://www.halcyon.com/elf  So they try to control what they cannot
                            control with tools they do not have.
        				- John Perry Barlow.