Re: Personal Oracle For NT?

From: jcollier <jcollier_at_io.com>
Date: 1996/06/21

In article <4q8ptu$d5o_at_rtpnews.raleigh.ibm.com>, sgallagh_at_ralvm8 says...

>Can anyone confirm/deny that Personal Oracle for Win95 will also run
>on NT 4.0 beta2? Or is there a whole nuther version of Personal Oracle
>specifically for NT?
>

>Steve Gallagher
>SGALLAGH_at_RALVM8
>Duty Now For The Future

Yes there is a PO 7.2 for NT. I'm going to try and install it on NT4.0b2 tonight. I'll try and post any results that I have within the next few days.

When I installed PO7 on NT 3.51 I had problems getting ODBC set up correctly. Actually I think it was a prloblem with TNSNAMES.ORA file. I'm running NT as a stand alone workstation with TCP/IP installed using a bogus IP so that I can use ras to get to the internet. However I think that this set up confused the default install of SQL*NET.

JC Received on Fri Jun 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message