Re: Oracle vs. Foxpro

From: <deangup_at_admin.ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: 1996/06/20

> dima_at_satlink.com (Dimitri Kovalsky) writes:
> Hi, I would like to know which diferences exist betwen oracle and
> foxpro.

FOXPRO is a structured programming language with a rudimentary XBASE-compliant file manager. It is designed for stand-alone applications which have simple data structures. ORACLE is a relational database management system which can be used with a variety of programming languages and interface tools from Oracle and many other vendors. It is designed for large multi-user applications which may have large, complex data structures (although Oracle has recently come out with some cut-down versions for use on PCs). Comparing them is like comparing a mouse to an elephant; both are mammals and in principle share some attributes, but they are optimized for different environments.

  • Paul de Anguera, City of Seattle / HRIS