Re: No of rows processed

From: Vikram Goel <vgoel_at_pts.mot.com>
Date: 1996/06/20

Murali,

A fetch by nature only returns one row at a time, very similar to a read random read from isam/vsam files, where the where clause determines the exact rowid. A sinfle fetch statement will always return one row, if using array processing, with pl/sql using pl/sql table datatype add the a manual counter to the loop processing the fetches. If using the proc array method, after a set of fetches, loop through your host array and count the # of elements.

Hope this helps,

--
Vikram Goel
Sr. Oracle DBA - Consultant

Motorola Info:                              Motorola email: vgoel_at_pts.mot.com
Mail Stop 39, Room S1014
1500 Gateway Blvd,
Boynton Beach, FL 33426