Re: ***bad modems

From: Massimo Delledonne <delle_at_pc.unicatt.it>
Date: 1996/06/19

Glenn Pilcher <pilcheg_at_tfs.net> wrote:

> I have a modem that is not working made by A.... T......... Inc and
> they will not respond to email. Would you, by any chance, know who
> supplies their chips? I'm trying to saturate the internet hoping to find
> who supplies THEM and that they will nudge them into answering.

Well,
I think even if you have a serious problem with your modem, saturating the internet (as you say) with your message in SO MANY newsgroups and MORE than one time with the same problem IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY, and can be VERY annoing for you ... If people get upset about your messages so broadly spreaded in the newsgroups (like I'll be if I'll find another message like this) the risk for you is that they'll start flooding your mailbox till your sys administrator will remove it (and yes, you'll have to change mailbox). This is not the first time something like that happens in the net, that's how the net protect itself ...so be carefull .. May be the way you've choosed to solve your problem is not the best one, and it can damage more than helping you ....

Massimo Delledonne Received on Wed Jun 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message