Re: SQL Net.v2

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1996/06/19

Fred and Ethel <drwatt_at_pacbell.net> wrote:

>We are running 7.1.4 on HPUX 9. We changed the IP address of the server.
>Now when we start sql Net we get the message:
> SMUX Connect failure Connection refused.
>
>Has anyone seen this before? Any assistance would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks, Tom Watt
> Pacific Bell

Check the following

  1. If you're using dotted IP addresses in your clients' tnsnames.ora file(s), you must change it there too (on all clients).
  2. If you're using host names in the tnsnames.ora file(s), make sure the HOSTS file is updated with the correct IP address.
  3. On the server, your LISTENER= entry in the listener.ora file must must updated too. -- Chuck Hamilton chuckh_at_dvol.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself! Received on Wed Jun 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message