INDEX SPACE UTILIZATION

From: <mkulkarn_at_na.stratus.com>
Date: 1996/06/18

Is there a way to find how much of allocated space the indexes are really using. One way I have tried is to issue command "analyse index validate structure" and then query from index_stats table (btree_space,used_space and blocks). But for some reason this table holds only one row at a time. So when I analyse another index, the data for previous index is lost. I would like to write a script which will run every morning and give me list of indexes which have utilized more than 80% of the allocated space so that I can take appropriate action. Is there a simpe way to do this. One way I can think is to run analyze and select from index_stats in loop. For tables, I can do analyze and then query the dba_tables.

Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Jun 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message