Re: Win3.1 Tools can't login to PO7 for Win95

From: Valery Yourinsky <vsu_at_softserv.msk.ru>
Date: 1996/06/18

"Eddy Setiawan" <setiawan_at_singnet.com.sg> writes:

>I got this problem: I installed PO7 for Win95, it has SQL*Plus 3.2, which
>can login to the local PO7 Win95 database with no problem. However, when I
>tried to add in SQL*Plus 3.1 from trial CD for Win3.1, it can't login to
>the local PO7 Win95 database. It just can't find the local database.
>
>Any idea how to enable the Win3.1 tools to login to the local PO7 Win95
>database?

>From README.DOC:

Personal Oracle7 for Windows 95, Release 7.2 Release Notes
(c) Copyright Oracle Corporation, 1995

October 1995

1.2 - CONNECTING 16-BIT APPLICATIONS 1.2.1 Using Loopback to connect from 16-bit applications to the local Personal Oracle7 for Windows 95 database is not a supported function. Only local connections may be made from 16-bit applications.

1.2.2 16-bit Windows applications require updated Oracle Required Support Files (RSF) to connect to Personal Oracle7 for Windows 95.

This update is necessary even if these applications are able

to connect to Personal Oracle7 for Windows 3.1.

16-bit Windows applications previously required "2:" as the database name when connecting to Personal Oracle7 products. The update provided changes this behavior such that applications based on ORA71WIN.DLL or ORA72WIN.DLL do not have to specify "2:" (it is now the default). Applications based on ORA7WIN.DLL do not change in this manner and have to specify 2: as the database name.

Provided with Personal Oracle7 for Windows 95 is a separate installation which detects currently installed RSFs and installs new ones. Run SETUP.EXE located in the \WINDOWS directory of your release media.  ...

Best wishes

Valery Received on Tue Jun 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message