ORACLE and NFS file locking

From: Dave Rathnow <drath_at_dev.hcsd.hac.ca>
Date: 1996/06/18

Hi,

We have an ORACLE application, running on a Solaris 2.5 system, that generates reports. We are trying to output these reports to a directory that is NFS mounted, on the Sun, and being served from an OpenVMS 5.5-2 system running UCX 3.3.

When the report is run, the application will hang indefinitely. We are able to get control back by hitting CTRL-C a couple of times. When the application "exists", the following message is displayed:

	There was an error attempting to
	exclusively lock the file because
	the file was already locked.

Would anyone know what the cause of the problem is? Is it an NFS file locking problem?

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Rathnow                    |
Hughes Aircraft of Canada Ltd.  | "A modern day warrior is someone