Locking via DB2 Gateway

From: Ernst Renner <QAFT97A_at_prodigy.com>
Date: 1996/06/18

Greetings!

I am working on a project where we access data via a DB2 gateway from a UNIX-based v7.2.2.4 instance. When we select a set of data, do a  "... count(*)..." or any other operation across the gateway, DB2 locks ALL the rows of the targeted DB2 table. The only way to release these locks is to perform a COMMIT or ROLLBACK. Is there any way to get around this problem, or is commiting or rolling back the only way? Also, we have many Forms that access data via the Gateway. We tried to use SAVEPOINTS at which to commit or rollback. After 12, I got a message that the total number of savepoints had been exceeded. There does not appear to be an init.ora parameter that sets a default for savepoints. Any ideas?
Any ideas on the above issues would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S.
May reply to erenner_at_itthartford.com, as well -
  ERNST RENNER QAFT97A_at_prodigy.com Received on Tue Jun 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message