Re: DATABASE RECOVERY !!!! HELP!!! DBA s

From: Ernst Renner <QAFT97A_at_prodigy.com>
Date: 1996/06/18

In addition to Chuck's suggestion, I currently backup all of the INACTIVE onlines first, capturing the name of the ACTIVE file. After obtaining the name and copying the INACTIVE's successfully, I switch the log files and copy the ACTIVE one. I would guess that that would capture any outstanding transactions within the online log. I have the UNIX script that executes this if you are interested.

Good Luck!
erenner_at_itthartford.com

-
  ERNST RENNER QAFT97A_at_prodigy.com Received on Tue Jun 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message