developer 2000 --> SQL net --> personal Oracle 7

From: Jose Omar Mosquera <jose_at_jomh.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/06/17

I hope somebody can help me;

I am having great difficulties getting forms4.5 to communicate with personal Oracle 7; this I believe, is because I haven't set up SQL Net properly.

I have windows 95, and the windows 95 version of personal Oracle 7. I can connect to the local database using SQL plus 3.2 ( The one that comes with personal Oracle 7), but if I try SQLplus 3.1 or Oracle net test i get the following error messages:

With user ID: SCOTT PASSWORD: TIGER and CONNECT STRING blank

ORA 12203 TNS: Unable to connect to destination.

With user ID: SCOTT PASSWORD: TIGER and CONNECT STRING: 2:

ORA 03121: No interface driver connected - function not performed.

I have TCP/IP loaded in my machine, which I use for my dial up internet connection ( I assume I cannot use for Oracle); I have been trying to get named pipes to work with Oracle, but I am unsure of what I need in settings/control panel/networks and how to set up named pipes.

I have also installed V2 of SQL NET into my machine.

What am I doing wrong ? How do I get this to work??

 HELP, HELP please !!!

Jose Omar Mosquera
London

Jose Omar Mosquera
jose_at_jomh.demon.co.uk

London Received on Mon Jun 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message