Re: MTS/Dedicated

From: <banglea_at_onr.com>
Date: 1996/06/17

Here is a sample configuration for a tnsnames.ora file. Note the (SRVR=DEDICATED) in the CONNECT_DATA. This would cause a dedicated connection to mars.world. You could specify another descriptor (mars2.world) that did not have the (SRVR=DEDICATED) clause that could be used for SQL*Net V2 Shared Connections.

################
# Filename......: tnsnames.ora
# Name..........: LOCAL_REGION.world

# Date..........: 10-JUN-96 21:50:44
################

mars.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = TCP.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = mars)
(Port = 1526)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
       (SID = orcl)
       (GLOBAL_NAME = mars.world)
       (SRVR=DEDICATED)

    )

In article <Dst316.Iuq_at_news.hawaii.edu>, kittu_at_gis.eng.hawaii.edu says...