Re: personal oracle 7 - problem - help!!

From: Ranganathan N. Chakravarthi <rchakrav_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE>
Date: 1996/06/17

Jason Byors (jbyors_at_earthlink.net) wrote:
> I believe you have to set up the ODBC driver with ODBC driver manager
> that is installed with PO7
>
> jb
> paul howe wrote:
>
> I have just installed personal oracle 7 on my win95 system,
> but it refuses to start and gives the message:
>
> 3121 - No interface driver connected -
> function not performed.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> thanks
>
> paul howe
>
> phowe_at_wire.net.au

I have installed PO7 on my PC and I am able to startup the database and SQL*Plus is running.

But whenever I start the database, it brings up the MSN dialup screen! (Same thing happens during shutdown, if I chose cancel for the dialup.) I think it has something to do with the SQL*Net but I am not sure what needs to be done.

> 3121 - No interface driver connected - function not performed.

I am getting a similar message when I try to connect to the database from within Forms ( I'm not sure if it is the same message )

Any help, suggestions welcome !!

Regards,

  • Ranganathan N. Chakravarthi

All opinions are mine and do not neccessarily reflect those of Ford Motor Co.