Re: des2k MSD drag-n-drop problem

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/06/16

Matt Stahl <mgstahl_at_sonalysts.com> wrote:

>Jeff Jacobs wrote:
>>
>> Matt Stahl <mgstahl_at_sonalysts.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Here's a good one:
>> > The only way to reparent or reorder siblings in the Module
>> >Structure Diagrammer (MSD) of des2K is to drag and drop, right? Well,
>> >drag-n-drop has stopped working!

>> There are buttons on the toolbar for reparenting and reordering.
>>

>Yes, there are buttons on the toolbar, but unless I'm missing something
>you still need to drag-n-drop to reparent/reorder siblings.

>I'm running WinNT3.51 (Build 1057:Service Pack 4)
>
>Some of my win apps (Powerpoint is one) still have drag-n-drop
>functionality, but others (Dev2K MSD, Word 7.0) don't!
>
>In case I've managed to stomp on a dll, I've tried de-install/re-install
>of MS-Office and ALL of my Oracle products (...well, the ones that run on
>the 16-bit subsystem anyway). I question, though whether ORAINST and/or
>office setup really remove all the dll's when you remove the products, or
>if the hang around in the system/system32 directories.
>

>Any ideas? (...candidate dlls for example) Workarounds?

When you installed Designer/2000, one of the options was to install "support" files from Microsoft. If you selected this option, it replaced a number of files,which will *not* be deinstalled by deinstalling the Oracle products.

Since I assume you are running 1.2 or 1.1x, then you replaced the MS files with 16 bit versions! Most of these .dll's start with MFC. When going through the installation process, when you come to this step, you can hit HELP to see a listing of all the .dll's it will replace.

-JJ

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 415-571-7092, FAX: 800-665-1379 CompuServe: 76702,456  Internet: 76702.456_at_compuserve.com     Received on Sun Jun 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message