Maxdatafiles

From: David Ewing <dewing_at_gasou.edu>
Date: 1996/06/14

I am running a software package on RDBMS 6.0.37.0.0 (6.2) TPO on VMS 5.5.-2. I have just hit the maxdatafile limit of 32 files. I read up on it, and although you can change the number in init.ora, you can't go any higher than what was done at database creation time.

Hopefully, I will be upgrading to a new machine and version of Oracle soon, but in the mean time, is there an easy way to change that parameter without having to recreate the entire database? Thanks in advance. Please send responses to dewing_at_gasou.edu instead of the list, so I will not miss any replies. Received on Fri Jun 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message