Re: works webserver 1.0.1 agains server 7.2.2??

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/06/14

On 13 Jun 96 08:51:15 GMT, michael.laengle_at_uni-konstanz.de (Michael Laengle) wrote:

>Hi,
>I've tried to install the webserver release 1.0.1 on solaris2.4 and tried to connect to an 7.2.2server on Irix5.3 with the
>webagent over sqlnetv2. No chance it doesnt work, and the oracle-support told me:
>a) That the webserver (listener + agent) must run on the same machine as the database-server (really???)
>b) That the webserver release 1.0.1 does only run with the server release 7.1.6. and not with 7.2.2 (???)
>
>Is there anybody who knows the configuration-steps?
>Thanks a lot
> Michael

I run ws 1.0.1 against 7.2.2 all of the time.

The webserver (listener + agent) must run on one machine, the database may be anywhere else.

Webserver 1.0.1 is only certified (supported) against 7.1.6. Version 1.0.2 is certified (supported) against 7.1.6 thru 7.3.2.

To configure:

Install the webserver on the solaris machine. If the solaris machine does not have svrmgrl or sqldba on it we need to do some configuration by hand. If they are there (i don't know if the webserver install puts them there or not) then configuring the web agent should be a snap. Simply start the admin server (wlctl start 8888) on the solaris machine, configure a web agent, DON'T set the ORACLE_SID, do set the SQLNet v2 connect string. Fill in a DBA username/password and submit. svrmgrl/sqldba will use sqlnet to connect to the remote database and create the user for the web agent and then run the owains.sql script found in $ORACLE_HOME/ows/admin to create the htp, htp, owa, and owa_util packages.

If svrmgrl/sqldba are not on the solaris machine, we will need to configure the web agent somewhat manually. If you need more info on this, email me and I'll get it for you.
Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com -- Check out our web site! Brand new, uses Oracle Web Server and Database

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Jun 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message