organizational issues, please help

From: Jowlerj <jowlerj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/06/14

We have a unique organization structure for developing applications. It consists of application developers (GUI and 3GL server code), database developers (SQL procedures, db design and tuning), and DBA's (strictly DB operations and consulting).
Our problem is that application development managers want control over database developers. They want the organization to contain just two groups, applications and DBA.
I'm interested in other organizations.
How are your responisbilities organized? Are we atypical?
what problems have you encountered between applications development and DBA?
Any feedback wuld be appreciated.
Sorry for posting this non-technical message here, I don't know what other newsgroup to post to. We do have and use Oracle. Received on Fri Jun 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message