Re: sql*net over internet

From: Ed Hillmann <Edward_Hillman_at_mail.amsinc.com>
Date: 1996/06/14

Yes, it is possible, if you have SQL*Net TCP/IP, which may be a separate product from SQL*Net itself (not sure at all, please someone chime in if this is not true). With this part, you can use SQL*Net to connect to an Oracle database with TCP/IP packets. We have been able to connect to remote databases over an internet connection. You are limited to firewalls, connection delays, etc as you would if you were trying to telnet to the same site, yadda yadda yadda. But, if you can ping the machine, you should be abe to connect to its database.

Ed

In article <31BF64F1.6A99_at_anisoft.com>, neal_at_anisoft.com says...