Re: Forms 4.5 -- how to prevent default nav on open?

From: <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/06/13

In <31BF10F2.1B86_at_sonalysts.com>, Matt Stahl <mgstahl_at_sonalysts.com> writes:
>I'm using Dev2K (Forms 4.5) under MS-Windows. When a form opens, focus
>automatically moves to the 1st navigable item. I'd like to open the form
>and just show a menu (i.e., don't display any blocks, and don't open any
>windows).
>
>After the user selects an item, then I'll open a window and navigate to a
>block.
>
>Question: How can I disable the automatic navigation?
>
>--
>Matthew G. Stahl | EMail: mgstahl_at_sonalysts.com
>Analyst | Voice: (860) 442-4355 x 112
>Sonalysts, Inc. | Fax: (860) 442-5080
>All opinions expressed are purely my own and do
>not reflect those of Sonalysts, Inc.

We handled this feature by having a splash screen background and the current date as the only field. The user then selects from the menu and forms are called from there.

D. Scott Moyer, Jr.                        dmoyer_at_gpu.com (work)
GPU Service Corporation                dsmoyer_at_enter.net (home)
Reading, PA Received on Thu Jun 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message