Re: Forms 4.5 -- how to prevent default nav on open?

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/06/13

In article <31BF10F2.1B86_at_sonalysts.com>, Matt Stahl <mgstahl_at_sonalysts.com> says:

>I'm using Dev2K (Forms 4.5) under MS-Windows. When a form opens, focus
>automatically moves to the 1st navigable item. I'd like to open the form
>and just show a menu (i.e., don't display any blocks, and don't open any
>windows).
>
>After the user selects an item, then I'll open a window and navigate to a
>block.
>
>Question: How can I disable the automatic navigation?

I'll be surprised if you can - its a 'feature' :-) I agree their are times when it is annoying to HAVE to have a navigable item on a form.
You could try something like make only ONE item on the form and have it so small that it isnt useful (or obvious) (or so big - multiline - that it takes the whole screen and again they dont ntoice it?)
and that might help.
You could also look at full-screen (is that what they are called?) menus, but I couldnt get them working...

HIH
Lee

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Thu Jun 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message