Oracle Billing

From: RV Harris <harr0113_at_sasol.com>
Date: 1996/06/13

Can anyone help me please! I'm an Oracle7 Database Administrator running on Unix/Solaris 2.4. I nead to setup a billing structure for Database/Unix Administration services(a charging system). The configuration of the databases on the Unix machine is: 2 production instances, a total of 2000 tables and indexes, 20 gigabytes of Oracle data, total of 52 gigabytes on the machine, 600 named users in Oracle of which the concurrentcy rate in Oracle is 100. There are also 10 production systems.

This billing structure will have to cater for: 1. New systems:

	What do I charge a client for his/her new system eg:10 named
        users of which 5 will be concurrent, 50 tables/indexes, 500
        megabytes of disk space, 10,000 io's per day.
2. Existing system
	Concurrent user growth eg: a client had 5 concurrent users and
        now want's to add another 5 concurrent users,
	Disk growth of an existing system eg: a client's system was
        using 200 megabytes and after six months the database is now
        using 400 megabytes of disk space,
	Named user growth eg: a client's system has 10 named users and
        whats to add another 10 users to his/her system,
	Additional tables/indexes eg: a client's system is going into
        fase 2 and 10 tables have to added.

Tanx for the help so far
Rodger Harris Received on Thu Jun 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message