Re: PO7 for W95

From: <dacummins_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1996/06/13

perez_at_mposs1.enet.dec.com wrote:

>kmajkut_at_netcom.com (Keith Majkut) wrote:

>>Since you don't list your problem, then how can anyone help?
>>Anyway, if the problem is that you can't connect to PO7Win95, then I suggest
>>you read the PO7Win95 readme file, since it's in there. If you are having
>>other problems, I suggest you find out which, if any, version of d2k is
>>supported under Win95(I'm not sure)
>>>
>In the second reply to this topic, I listed specifically what the problems are.
>I presumed this would be read rather than repeating the same information over
>and over and clogging up this topic with repeated lists of the same problems.
>And, just for the record, I DID read the readme file and can connect
>successfully to PO7. It just doesn't work with Designer so far... Of course, I
>had an Oracle instructor tell me it works "just fine" but he wasn't able to
>explain to the class what he had "munged" to get it to work "just fine"...

if you are trying to run < release 1.3 of dev/2k, there are some little hidden files buried in the install directories with a 'readme' that says you must overlay some 7.2 files with the magic files in that directory. sorry, don't remember the name of the directoy, but it is there. if you are running the _newly_ release version 1.3 - it is certified for windows (forms 4.5.7) and runs very well...

BTW, play nice. temper, temper...

enjoy,
douglas
dacummins_at_delphi.com