It is a pain to use export/import

From: Bob Yeh <yehr_at_itsi.disa.mil>
Date: 1996/06/12

Hi,

I need to move all objects that owned by 4 users from one database to another. Each user has codes(views, stored procedures) that reference the other three users' objects. I did an export(with rows, grants, indexes, constrains) that specified these 4 users. Since the import is done one user at the time, I got all kinds of errors when importing this file because some objects that referenced by views, stored procedures, constrains are not created yet.

The only way I can think of is to export just tables for these 4 users then generate the create statements for constrain, views, grants etc from the databse. It is such a pain!

Is there a better way to do this?

Bob. Received on Wed Jun 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message