Re: Q: Oracle=Web Interface. Novice needs help.

From: <dacummins_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1996/06/12

amit_at_parka.winternet.com (Amit Bhati) wrote:

>I am a Web developer who needs to interface an Oracle DB to our
>"Intranet". There are several applications on the Intranet that would
>like to use data residing on this Oracle DB.

>BUT, my problem is that I am a complete novice at Oracle. (Though I
>know the Web/Internet aspect quite well.)

>What books/publications can I use to learn the basics of Oracle? Also
>are there any that will help me learn about Oracle's Web interfacing
>facility (how to querry for data, add new data etc., etc.,)? We have
>Oracle 7.2.2.

>Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

>--
>amit bhati
>amit_at_winternet.com
>Minneapolis, MN.

check out oracle's home page at www.oracle.com. theirt webserver is pretty good and supplies an automatic hook into the database via agents so you don't have to write CGI code! it supports the latest and greatest... comes with database packages that allow you to easily write dynamic HTML also. check it out!

later,
douglas
dacummins_at_delphi.com
delphi consulting services, inc.