Re: SQL*Net and Trumpet Winsock

From: Han Weegink <hanw_at_att.cmg.nl>
Date: 1996/06/12

Enrico Soldani (clemnet_at_clemenger.com.au) wrote:
: This thread may have been discussed some time ago but I can't
: find any reference to it. Anyway, here goes...

: I would like to be able to run SQL*Net on my pc with a SLIP/PPP
: connection to a unix server. I'm using Trumpet winsock. Is this
: possible? The 'Setting Up SQL*Net TCP/IP for Windows' manual
: does not mention that this product is supported but I thought
: it was still worth a try.

: Any ideas anyone?

Don't know about SLIP/PPP, but trumpet works just fine over ordinary ethernet with SQL*Net 2.x
I don't see why it shouldn't work with PPP, as long as you can establish a proper TCP/IP connection.

I used Trumpet v2.0, with SQL*Net set to generic winsock.

Han

--

Han Weegink

email: Han.Weegink_at_cmg.nl