Re: 3GL Procedures

From: Marcus Williford <marcus_at_eola.ao.net>
Date: 1996/06/11

Jerry Helms (jerryh_at_renewal-iis.com) wrote:
: We have an interest in calling a 3GL (C) program from an Oracle
: database procedure. How does one go about doing this?
: What are the pros and cons?
:
I have done this using the dbms_pipe call. You run a C program in your host operating system that listens for an oracle mesg. When it gets the mesg it runs the program. If you wan't some example source, just e-mail me. You can create all kinds of neat pipes for pl/sql procedures and for pro*c src code. If anyone else has a better method, please let the world know because I have looked a long time for a pl/sql exechost call. thanks,
marcus
marcus_at_ao.net Received on Tue Jun 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message