Re: CALL_FORM Problem

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/06/11

In article <31B84D80.19B7_at_hooked.net>, Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net> says:

>Muhammad A. Malik wrote:
>>
>> Till Haenisch wrote (till.haenisch_at_rz.uni-ulm.de):
>> > I'm using CALL_FORM to call subsequent forms from menu-modules.
>> > After some time, the PC (runing Windows 3.11) hangs with an
>> > out-of-memory-message. So far the problem.
>> >
>> > ORACLE-Support told me to use NEW_FORM instead of CALL_FORM,
>> > but I need the CALL_FORM functionality (I have to built this on my own,
>> > if i had to use NEW_FORM).
>> >
>> If you are using ORACLE Forms 4.5. USe run_product function. This is much better than
>> call_form.
>
>Could you explain how you are using RUN_PRODUCT in plase of CALL_FORM,
>OPEN_FORM, or NEW_FORM. I have not heard of this before. Are you
>suggesting that a RUN_PRODUCT(forms) command is issued from the menu or
>other triggers. Will this really work? Have you tried it?

It'll work - I've done it
(Our users generally want normal call_forms, but occaisionally want to look at 2 forms at the same time, so I put a toggle menu item up theat allows them to start up multiple sessions. When this is 'ON' (default OFF) the menu does a run_product to start a form side by side with this one, otherwise, the current form is replaced.) Mind you, you are starting multiple sessions, which CHEWS the memory on a PC...

HIH
Lee

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Tue Jun 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message