Re: Is there a 32bit version of SQLNET V1 for Win95 ?

From: Bob Manieri <bmanieri_at_ford.com>
Date: 1996/06/11

am669_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Jim Wong) wrote:

>Is there a 32bit version of SQLNET V1 TCP/IP DLL for Win95 ?
>Now that I am using Access 7.0 for Win95 on pc to access database
>on a VMS system running SQLNET v1.
>I installed the Oracle 32bit ODBC driver and run the ODBC adminstrator.
>But when attaching table, with connect string T:ipaddress:SID, I keep
>getting ORA-3121 error.
>
>Any help /suggestion is greatly appreciated !

Jim:
Since support for SQL*Net V1 runs out on 30 Jun 96, I would doubt there is a version available for Win-95. The ORA-3121 error usually translates to "No Interface Driver". This probably means you don't have SQL*Net V1. So you'll probably have to take the plunge with SQL*Net V2, its not THAT bad.
Sorry for the bad news.

  Bob Manieri, Database Administrator, Ford Electronics, Lansdale, PA
    SELECT 'These are my opinions and not those of my employer.'
          FROM SYSTEM.DUAL WHERE DISCLAIMER = 'YES' ;