Re: Startup code in forms 4.5?

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/06/10

In article <4p7eli$o39_at_mozo.cc.purdue.edu>, ts_at_chainsaw.ecn.purdue.edu (Thomas Ruschak) says:

> I'm just learning forms4.5 and Oracle, so if I make mistakes, cut me
>some slack...
>
> Anyway, where is the proper place to put initialization stuff in my
>forms app? Like maybe I want to populate a group, or put up a splash screen or
>somesuch -- where would I put it? I did see that I can put it in the startup
>code for a custom menu if I use one... is that the best/only place?

Chainsaw?!?

Anyway, we are using the menu startup code to turn on the user's roles. I suppose you could put generic stuuf for the form in here, but we have multiple forms linked to each menu, so it wouldnt make sense for us.
To initialise stuff for the form we use the when-new-form-instance trigger.
This includes

- setting the size and placement of the screen
- initialising any variables
- putting the form straight into enter-query mode

HIH
Lee

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Mon Jun 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message