Re: SQL*Load: concatenate lines

From: Michael E. Austin <austin_at_inmind.com>
Date: 1996/06/10

Steve Tahmosh (stahmosh_at_tiac.net) wrote:
: I had the same problem, and am planning to investigate two products:

: 1) Checkmate, info available at:http://www.netkonect.net/bitbybit/

: 2) Another product in another post, which I have attached here:

: DB*Archiver is sold exclusivly through:

: Kernel Tweaks
: 1 Bath and West Building
: Lower Bristol Road
: BATH
: BA2 3BD

: Tel: +44-1225-422-655
: Fax: +44-1225-422-772

: Ask for: Mahboob Hussain
: Email: smh_at_kernelt.demon.co.uk

.
.
.

: >23,12/12/96,"text text text text
: >text text text text
: >text text text text
: >"
: >
: >My problem is to load the last element (which contains new lines)
: >into a LONG. I have looked at CONTINUEIF, but I simply can't find
: >a way to concatenate the lines.
: >
: >I would really like to know if it is possible, and if so, how
: >it can be accomplished. Thank you very much for any help.

Or if you are real good with PERL or your o/s scripting language, you can do the work up front to a temporary file and then use SQL*Loader

: >
: >Michael
: >
: >PS: just thinking about it, if possible, I guess the new lines will
: > be lost ?
: >

--
|                         Michael E. Austin                              |