Re: Best Package(s) for Large in-house Payroll Application Development

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: 1996/06/09

> I need some opinions on what the best client server package to use
> with oracle to develop a very large payroll system.

I don't know why this thread is still hanging around but the entire concept of developing a payroll system from scratch is fraught with land mines.

The answer to the question of an Oracle compliant payroll system is just to go out and purchase the thing already built from Oracle Corp. It would have to cost at least ten times as much to build it in Delphi as to just purchase an Oracle Financials module. Better to spend your time modifying Oracle's source code (leveraging other peoples mistakes) than making every possible mistake on your own.

Daniel Morgan
EXE Solutions Received on Sun Jun 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message