Re: Database Modelers

From: <john>
Date: 1996/06/08

"Aaron (Rusty) Lloyd" <rusty_at_jeeves.net> wrote:

>Hi all!

>We've just gotten an Oracle system in house, and we are getting Designer
>2000 along with the other software. Does anyone know how it stacks up with
>S-Designor and ERWin as a modeling tool?

>When I used ERWin and S-Designor, I found that although ERWin was a little
>more powerful, S-Designor was, by far, the easiest to use.

>If anyone can give me some info that would be great.

Oracle Designer is fine (as the other replies said) WHEN IT WORKS. Elsewhere in here you'll find notes about problems getting it to work correctly with PO7 for Win 95. Earlier versions were buggy as hell - by Oracles own admission. 1.2 doesn't crash and burn as often as previous versions, but I'd bet it STILL has some bugs and problems that will bite you during design. I'd be a WHOLE LOT more confident in this and any other Oracle product if someone from Oracle would GET IN THIS NEWSGROUP and start ADDRESSING the problems discussed in here...

If you want a product that is ROCK SOLID and very seldom throws up on its feet perhaps the others might fit the bill better?

As usual, the opinions here are solely mine and do not reflect anything related to any company... Received on Sat Jun 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message