Re: ODBC vs SQL*Net

From: Dave Simson <dsimson_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/06/07

>I have no earthly idea what Oracle's structure is, so I should have said
>something like "there MAY be server side ODBC stuff". In reality, the only
>time I can think of where server side stuff would be really useful/
>necessary would be if you were using ODBC to hit flat files. I've never
>seen this done, but Microsoft says it can be done.

Three examples where there is server and client-side involved are...

- Tandem NonStop ODBC Server
- IBM Client Access/400 for DB2/400
- MS SQL Server 6.0 has an optimized ODBC driver that works differently
  with the server than DBLib, and I believe there are ODBC-savvy server   side components involved.

Dave Received on Fri Jun 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message