Re: Database password

From: James A. Mumper <jamumper_at_ptes.com>
Date: 1996/06/07

peter_blakemore-1 wrote:

> How do you find and change the Database paswsord using sqldba in version
> 7.1.2 on Vms I can't seem to find anything in the documentation and did
> not install the original db
> Thanks in advance
> Pete B
> --
> The opinions expressed in this communication are my own,
> and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.
If the original installer did not change the password after the installation was complete, for sys (internal) it is 'change_on_install', and for system it is 'manager'. However, if the password is not one of those, login in to the system as 'oracle' and run sqldba and connect internal. If the database is set up to have external authentication of users, you should connect without problem and then you can issue an alter user command to change the password.

--
James A. Mumper
Senior Oracle DBA