Re: Using a PL/SQL Subprogram Procedure.

From: Mark Sminkey <sminkeyk_at_interramp.com>
Date: 1996/06/06

esha1_at_cix.compulink.co.uk ("Mike Ziemann East Su") wrote:

>Hello again,
>I've just realised that if I grant ALL rights then I can compile the
>procedure to reference the other user's table !
>
>Can anyone tell me why I could always reference it OK from a pl/sql block
>which is not a stored procedure ?
>

>Mike

Mike,

You need to grant appropriate privileges on the underlying objects that will be used in the stored procedure *with grant option* because by creating a stored procedure you are creating a "stored" object that you could grant rights on whereas with a pl/sql block you are not.

Mark Sminkey
sminkeyk_at_interramp.com Received on Thu Jun 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message