Re: [Q] How many client processes Oracle can support?

From: <asaf_h_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: 1996/06/06

In Article<4ovjq8$t7h_at_news2.cais.com>, <duffy_at_cais.cais.com> writes:
news.NetVision.net.il!psinntp!psinntp!psinntp!howland.reston.ans.net!newsfeed.i nternetmci.com!chi-news.cic.net!news.cais.net!news2.cais.com!cais.cais.com!duff y
> From: duffy_at_cais.cais.com (MCC)
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
> Subject: [Q] How many client processes Oracle can support?
> Date: 3 Jun 1996 21:00:56 GMT
>
> We have Oracle 7.2.3 and SQL*NET 2.2 installed on SUN SPARC server
> (SOLARIS 2.5). On client site, we will have hundred's PC use SQL*NET 2.2
> to connect to ORACLE server. I wonder how many client processes ORACLE
> and SQl*NET can support simultaneous? Do I need change UNIX MAX processes
> number? Anything else I should do on ORACLE and UNIX? Thank you for
> help.

Hi,

In general one should make sure all Unix kernel Parameters regarding semaphores, shared memory and processes are high enough (Refer to Oracle's I.C.Guide for your platform). Keep in mind - each client process will cause a Unix process to be born (Serving client requests against the DB)...

If your system reaches the limits as far as #number of users , you may want to try Oracle's MTS or a TP Monitor solution ...

Good Luck ! Received on Thu Jun 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message