Re: Forms 3.0 on Unix

From: John Flack <RHUZ94A_at_prodigy.com>
Date: 1996/06/06

worsleyg_at_cix.compulink.co.uk ("Geoffrey Tindal cari") wrote:
>I am trying to run Forms3.0 on an HP-UX (Version 10.x) 9000/D210 box.
>For the VT220 emulator I am using Reflection 2 for Windows. Menu50
>displays the hint line but Forms3.0 doesn't.
>
>Has anyone seen this or have a solution.
>
>Oracles response was that they don't support terminal emulators for
>Forms30!!!

Well, Oracle no longer supports Forms 3.0, period, but to claim that they don't support the terminal emulator is ridiculous. First make sure that your emulator does a good job of emulating a VT-220. If it does, then Oracle's resource files for VT-220 should work fine - they do for us. Make sure that you have TERM=vt220. If this doesn't work, it is time to start fiddling with the resource files. You might start by making a backup copy of oraterm.r and copying one of the *vt220*.r files to oraterm.r. If this doesn't help, write back. Received on Thu Jun 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message