Rollback segments in Delphi using Oracle

From: Carl Anuszczyk <aesop_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/06/06

TWIMC, I am currently using Oracle with Borland's Delphi 1.0 with SQL Links.

I have a rather large database that I am importing and updating several other tables with. I keep receiving an error indicating that the rollback segment cannot be extending any further. I have created another larger segment called large_rs1 and have used it successfully in SQL Plus 3.1 (I had to delete all the records in a rather large file). However, Delphi doesn't seem to be able to use this larger segment. I tried placing the following command in a SQL control "set transaction use rollback segment large_rs1". However, it keeps telling me that this must be the first statement used in a transaction.

Can anyone tell me how to increase the size of the rollback segment that Delphi does use or how to make the one that I made the 'default' rollback segment (if there is such an animal)?

TIA, Carl Anuszczyk
Programmer, Focus Technologies, Inc.
Norcross, GA Received on Thu Jun 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message