Re: Database Modelers

From: Paul Banas <banasp_at_tir.com>
Date: 1996/06/05

Aaron (Rusty) Lloyd wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> We've just gotten an Oracle system in house, and we are getting Designer
> 2000 along with the other software. Does anyone know how it stacks up with
> S-Designor and ERWin as a modeling tool?
>
> When I used ERWin and S-Designor, I found that although ERWin was a little
> more powerful, S-Designor was, by far, the easiest to use.
>
> If anyone can give me some info that would be great.

Rusty,

Were you using S-Designor Enterprise version? I've worked with S-Designor, ERWin and Des2K. Des2K's integration with Oracle and Oracle Forms cannot be beat! Very smooth. Yeah, S-Designor may have a little slicker interface but Des2K is a better tool in an Oracle environment.

Sincerely,

Paul Banas
Corporate Computing Services - Oracle & Network Solutions Michigan, USA
(517) 725-9794 phone
(517) 725-6383 fax
banasp_at_tir.com Received on Wed Jun 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message