Re: Error 12203 - As usual, doco is no help

From: Fuzzy <grant_at_towersoft.com.au>
Date: 1996/06/05

jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com (John Strange) wrote:

>Have you tried oerr ?

>$ oerr ORA 12203
>12203, 00000, "TNS:unable to connect to destination"
>// *Cause: Invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening.
>// This error can also occur because of underlying network transport
>// problems.
>// *Action: Verify that the service name you entered on the command line
>// was correct. Ensure that the listener is running at the remote node and
>// that the ADDRESS parameters specified in TNSNAMES.ORA are correct.
>// Finally, check that all Interchanges needed to make the connection are
>// up and running.
>$

John,

Thanks. There is no such beast on my NT box, but there is on my SUN, and it works well. I'd buy you a beer, but it would probably go all frothy when put in the tcp/ip packets! :-) :-) :-)

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)

Grant Allen                    | "Woo Hoo!"
grant_at_towersoft.com.au         | H. Simpson
The contents of this post are my opinions only.
      If swallowed, seek medical advice.